Test your cupboards, cabinets and diaper luggage. Similac is voluntarily recalling sure 2-ounce ready-to-feed formulation bottles and different liquid feeding merchandise for infants and youngsters as a result of some have been discovered with faulty seals and caps, the corporate stated.
The quantity represents lower than 1 % of the 2-ounce bottles in query. The merchandise included within the recall went primarily to hospitals and a few docs’ places of work, distributors and retailers within the U.S. and elsewhere, in line with Similac father or mother firm Abbott.
“This recall equates to lower than someday’s price of the overall variety of ounces of toddler formulation fed within the U.S. and isn’t anticipated to impression the general U.S. toddler formulation provide,” the corporate stated in a press release.
“Abbott is constant manufacturing of Similac 2 fluid ounce/59 milliliter Prepared-to-Feed liquid formulation merchandise for hospitals and healthcare suppliers’ places of work on a distinct manufacturing line,” the corporate stated. “Similac toddler formulation will proceed to be produced in different product sizes and codecs for supply to retail places, along with elevated manufacturing all through our international manufacturing community.”
The newest recalled Similac products (that are unrelated to the Abbott recall earlier this 12 months) have been manufactured on the formulation maker’s Columbus, Ohio, plant, embody the next 2-ounce/59 milliliter bottled feeding liquids: 
- Similac Professional-Whole Consolation® with bottle lot numbers 38793N200 (case lot quantity 38793N200), 39500N200 (case lot quantity 39500N200), and 41802N200 (case lot quantity 41802N200)
- Similac® 360 Whole Care® with bottle lot numbers 35609N200 (case lot quantity 38493XK00), 37777N200, 37778N200, 38498XK00, 38779N200, 39480N200 (case lot quantity 420395E00), 39633N200 (case lot quantity 39633N200), 40624N200 (case lot quantity 40624N200), 40715N200 (case lot quantity 40715N200), 40716N200 (case lot quantity 42567XK00), 40738N200 (case lot quantity 40738N200), 40755N200 (case lot quantity 43579XK00), 41001N200 (case lot quantity 41001N200), 41756N200 (case lot quantity 41756N200), 41793N200 (case lot quantity 41793N200), 41875N200 (case lot quantity 41875N200), and 42962N200 (case lot quantity 42962N200), in addition to these with case lot numbers 380124R00, 38793N200, 41543XK00, 420258H00, 42564XK00, 42565XK00, 42566XK00, 42568XK00, 42572XK00, 42573XK00, 430264R00, 43579XK00, 43580XK00, 43581XK00, 440324R00, 450394R00
- Similac® 360 Whole Care® Delicate with bottle lot numbers 39354N200 (case lot quantity 430294R00), 39480N200 (case lot quantity 420395E00), 40561N200 (case lot quantity 40561N200), 41754N200 (case lot quantity 430264R00), 41843N200 (case lot quantity 41843N200), 41858N200 (case lot quantity 430304R00), and 41882N200 (case lot quantity 41882N200), in addition to these with case lot numbers 430314R00, 430328H00, 430338H00, 430348H00, 430358H00, 430368H00, 440408H00 and 420415E00
- Similac® Particular Care® 24 with bottle lot quantity 41861N200 (case lot quantity 440344R00)
- Similac® Stage 1 with bottle lot numbers 39799N200, 40749N200 and 40749N201
- Similac® Water (Sterilized) with bottle lot quantity 39398N200
- Similac® NeoSure® with bottle lot quantity 35612N200
- Pedialyte® Electrolyte Answer with bottle lot numbers 34589N200 and 34589N201
The above merchandise are being recalled as a result of some had caps that will not have been correctly sealed, which may trigger the formulation to spoil and result in gastrointestinal signs in infants like diarrhea and vomiting.
Dad and mom who use these merchandise ought to examine to see whether or not the lot numbers on the recalled Similac liquid feeding products match these of something they’ve at house. In the event that they do, they need to discontinue utilizing them instantly and contact Abbott customer service at 1-800-515-7677 for additional directions.
“This recall doesn’t embody another liquid or powder formulation manufacturers or different diet merchandise produced in our Columbus facility or elsewhere inside our international diet manufacturing community,” the corporate assertion stated. “It additionally doesn’t embody any amino acid-based formulation or metabolic diet formulation.”
Was this text useful?